New Year Burger (Serves 4)
▸ 1 Onion, finely chopped
▸ 400g Chicken mince
▸ 1 Egg
▸ 1 tbsp Fresh sage, chopped
▸ Salt & freshly ground pepper
▸ ½ cup Breadcrumbs, fresh
▸ ¼ cup Flour
▸ 4 Cheddar cheese
▸ 4 Buns
▸ 6 Bacon rashers
▸ ½ cup Cranberry sauce
1. Preheat oven to 150°C. Mix chicken mince, onion, 1 egg, sage, salt, pepper and breadcrumbs together in a bowl.
2. Form mixture into 4 patties and dust with flour.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan and cook patties until golden on both sides.
4. Place a slice of cheddar cheese on each patty and place in a baking dish. Put it back to the oven.
5. Wipe out frying pan and cook the bacon slices until starting to crisp. Meanwhile, slice buns in half and toast until golden.
6. Assemble buns on plates, top with lettuces, a slice of bacon rasher and a dollop of sauce. Top with chicken patties, another slice of bacon and the bun lid.